Here we go.
James and I just got back from our second cross country drive. This time we went from Pittsfield, MA through DC, Chicago, North Dakota, Montana, Yakima, WA and Portland OR.
The reason for the trip was pretty much to kill time before I found a job. I was thinking it was going to take a hell of a long time. Worked out ok though. I guess. I'm moving to Chicago as a result and I hope that I like it.
The timing of this new job is a little off, as I am now in CA and need to get my ass back to Chicago by sometime in September, which of course, means another cross country drive. I think I might try this one alone. The thought of imminent pay and benefits keeps me going though.
I do feel a little guilty about the job though, as I'm sure that one of my other colleagues interviewed for it as well. And the other ones who wanted to work there didn't even get a call. I'm a little afraid to tell them what's gone down for fear they may think me a jerk. Oh well. The result is me acting like a jerk to them so I don't have to reveal that I got this great drool all over yourself job (in our field anyway) because I don't want them to feel bad. Again, oh well. I guess I'm just better at burning bridges than preserving them.
So here I am, over educated, FINALLY employed and finding myself terribly homesick. I agonized over the decision to relocate myself, possibly permanenetly, far from the state I love and family I need to be around. Well, need is relative I suppose.
I need a snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment